The land

I decided to move to Washington in the autumn of 2019, after a 2-month, 36-state roadtrip in my Model 3.

Just to make sure I could stand the winter weather, I VRBOed in Gig Harbor during January 2020. With my realtor Becki Harness' help, and often accompanied by my old friend Lisa and her husband Mark, I hunted all over Pierce and Kitsap counties for a suitable lot.

After building the PLUSHouse in Oakland, a beautiful net-zero-energy house with a spectacular Bay view, I wanted to show that you can build the same high-tech energy-saving house for a lot less money. I found a beautiful wooded lot on a hill over Colvas Passage that fit my initial requirements perfectly. I also connected with Christian at Clayton Homes in Lacey. Young and enthusiastic about my project, he was willing to work with me on a modified version of a 1280SF home. I now had a pretty good idea of how to make this work. 

In February 2020, I bought the beautiful lot and returned to California to pack up and sell the PLUSHouse, and say goodbye to my friends in the Bay Area.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting power

Initial clearing